A bowl of washed and torn salad greens (speed things up by using prewashed greens) is put in the centre of the table, along with your choice (s) of dressings for help yourself service.
Accompanying this I put out a platter of various fruits, vegetables, cheeses, nuts and seeds. A perfect way to use up little bits and pieces!
I try to have a selection of textures, colours, tastes and even shapes. A visually appealing meal always tastes better!
- cucumber slices
- diced sweet peppers, or roasted red pepper
- grated carrot
- cherry tomatoes, whole or halved
- sliced avocado
- orange or grapefruit segments
- diced mango
- sliced strawberries
- crumbled feta, goat or blue cheese
- grated parmesan
- baby boconcini
- toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or any kind of nut
- and if your salad is the main course, add a protein of your choice
A basic vinaigrette is easy to shake up in a lidded container. I have included a link below for tips to the perfect vinaigrette.